Freshened for 2014, the Dodge Durango is slicker than ever, with upgraded electronics, a handsome new interior, and exemplary road manners. But perhaps the most significant update is tucked out of sight, bolted to the rear of the engine, sending power to the driven wheels. The 2014 Durango’s transmission differs from the unit employed in the 2013 model in three important ways: its sixth, seventh, and eighth gears.
The previous Durango transmission possessed a mere five forward speeds. The 2014 models feature the new eight-speed automatic that is manufactured under license from ZF and quickly spreading across the longitudinally engined Chrysler universe.
- There are no features available
Engine & Performance
- All Wheel Drive
- V6 Cylinder Engine
- 8 Cylinder Engine (Optional)
- Engine Type: Regular Unleaded V-6
- Displacement: 3.6 L/220
- Horsepower (Net @ RPM): 295 @ 6400
- Torque (Net @ RPM): 260 @ 4800
- Transmission: Automatic w/OD
- Turning diameter: 37.
- Flexible Fuel Capability
- Gasoline Fuel (Optional)
- EPA Fuel Economy Est - City (MPG): 17
- EPA Fuel Economy Est - Hwy (MPG): 24
- Fuel Tank Capacity, Approx (gal): 24.6
- Suspension Type - Front: Short And Long Arm
- Suspension Type - Rear: Multi-Link
- Automatic Transmission w/Manual Mode
- 8-Speed Automa